Throughout its almost 50-year history, Marist College Canberra has always looked to enhance and share the uniquely Marist education experience.
The decision to establish the Marist College Canberra Foundation was taken so that the opportunity to be a part of this experience can be available to many more students in the future, and to provide all students with outstanding College infrastructure and facilities.
The Foundation was established to:
- provide the opportunity of a Marist education to those students who, without financial assistance, would not be able to access such education, and
- provide students of the College with outstanding College infrastructure and facilities.
This is achieved through the administration of Foundation funds including the Br Mark May Bursary Fund and the Capital Appeal Fund.
The Foundation is currently focusing on the following programs:
- Bursary program - The Br Mark May Bursary Fund provides support for financially disadvantaged students and their families
- Capital Appeal Fund - This program assists with the funding of building and construction projects.
- Bequests - A program will be established to enable those who have been touched by the unique Marist experience to make bequests to the College, so that it can continue to deliver excellence in education in the Marist way.
No gift is too small.
Key Foundation events for 2019
We look forward to you joining us at one or more of the below events throughout the year.
|Thursday 21 February||Commencement Mass, Marcellin Hall|
|Monday 8 April||Foundation Golf Day, Royal Canberra Golf Club|
|Friday 24 May||Foundation Blue & Blue Dinner, National Arboretum|
|Tuesday 4 June||Champagnat Day|
|Friday 16 August||Marist Mothers’ and Grandmothers' Afternoon Tea|
|Thursday 31 October||Foundation Cocktail Party|
Visit www.maristcfoundation.org.au to learn more about the Foundation, its aim and how you can assist others to experience a Marist education.